Sunday 6 December 2009

Day Four - A good deed for an old friend

Yesterday I got a call from my best friend in the world, her step-sister had died of cancer so she was down briefly to see her Mum but wanted to see me to, so we arranged a meeting for today. I walked into town to meet her and her brother, (who will always look like a potato to me, when I was a todler he was entirely spherical) I took them to my usual stomping ground, the Friary, and bought her lunch and gin. She did seem fine. They had been expecting her sister to die for a very long time so they had all come to terms with it.

As soon as her brother left to mooch around the shops I took her for some Desperados. Last year when a seperate friend and I were both going through some really tough times, we found our weekly meeting over Desperados were just what we needed. Weeping, talking, then eventually drawing on each other and laughing til we shite. So I took my best friend for the same ritual.

Obviously again I can't go into detail, but it's pretty horrific seeing someone you love so un-happy. Wish I could do more then Desperados and making her laugh. Stupid geography making her live so far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment